Friday, March 02, 2007

Mini Mahi Mahi Burgers



I went snowboarding at Stevens Pass last weekend and had a great powder day! Unfortunately, like all ski areas in Washington State, there are no post-ski restautants, bars, or lodging near the area so everyone has to starve on the 2 hour drive back to Seattle. Canada has the right idea with Apres-Ski, but that's another story. Anyway, the drive back provides ample opportunity to discuss with mouth-watering anticipation where to get the Best beer, or the Best (veggie) burger in Seattle, 2 things I am always craving. We decided on the Jolly Roger Taproom in the Ballard neighborhood. I must have driven past this little hole many many times without ever noticing it. They brew Maritime Pacific beer, a local microbrew. The restaurant is old time pirate themed, including a treasure map spanning the entire concrete floor. This tiny little spot with maybe 10 tables has absolutely delicious food. I got the three mini Mahi Mahi burgers, and used the secret garlicky, spicy sauce. I am in love.

1 Comments:

Blogger K said...

I want to go there when I come visit!!

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home