Sunday, April 15, 2007

Pizza and Beer

Today is one of those days: pizza and beer day! Maybe it's the feisty wind and rain beating down outside, but whatever the reason the mood hit me and there was no turning back. I even reneged on my rule of never getting delivery during bad weather. I don't like making delivery people come out when it's nasty outside - seems kind of cruel - but all bets were off today. I dialed up Singas which just opened a location only two blocks away and ordered two 10" green pepper pizzas for S and myself. I can easily finish one of these babys on my own, which is a little disturbing, but I guess it's the equivelent of like two or two and half normal size pieces of pizza, which doesn't seem so remarkable.

This Singas outlet also houses a satellite post office, which is bizarre. When you first walk in you see the post office counter, a scale, and a bunch of post office bins all stacked up. And the way they make the pizzas here is somewhat novel: the little ten-inch pan goes onto a conveyor belt, and by the time it comes out the other end it is a crisp cooked pizza. Never heard of the conveyor belt method of pizza cooking, but I've now seen it with my own eyes and tasted it with my own taste buds, and the results are worth blogging about! My neighbor was like "Singas? Ew. Don't the use frozen pizzas?" The menu continuously points out their "freshly sliced/shredded" toppings, so I don't know. Obviously the sauce is made ahead, and who cares if they prepare a bunch of 10 pans with dough ahead of time? I guess just as long as they don't sit around for too long. Regardless, tastes good to me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home