Monday, February 07, 2005


Sunday I ate like crap all day long: pizza, jellybeans, toast, scrambled eggs, cookies, chocolates, coffee. Ug. I felt disgusto. Today was not much better: leftover pizza with a spinach and carrot salad to balance it out a little. And more jellybeans. I love sour Jellybellies!

Last Sunday G and I had a friend over for brunch. G did all the cooking: risotto, onion gratin, and he also baked jam thumbprints with blackberry jam. So good!!! The blackberry jam was perfect. I made no-bake peanut butter chocolate squares, and our guest Michael didn't mince words with these: "It's like eating a softball!" Ah, what's a friend if not honest?

We used cava, which is sparkling wine from Spain, for the mimosas. I had never heard of this stuff, but the guy at the wine store said it is great for mimosas because it's not really that great to drink plain, and I soon agreed with him.

I want to clarify that post down there about reasons not to eat meat. I should have said, reasons not to eat factory-farmed meat.

Welcome to Hot Lunch, Kerry!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home