Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Creamy French Things

Seafood crepes. My friend Celeste had an all girls' dinner at her house last night and that's what she made. And they were A-MAZING. I think they contained salmon, crab, shrimp, celery, waterchestnuts and bechemal sauce. That bechemal sauce is the bomb. Here's a recipe. It was difficult to decide which was tastier, the food or her 21 year old plaything who came over and took off his shirt. Criminy what a night.

The night before I had a meal at my aunt and uncle's that was french style: good bread, some roquefort cheese, some apples, and carrots with creme fraiche. When they were living in Paris last year, they said those Frenchies just put creme fraiche on everything. Who knew? I could think of a few things to put creme fraiche on.

2 Comments:

Blogger K said...

YES!!

4:11 PM  
Blogger YouWho said...

I recently found creme fraiche mixed with some sugar ("Normandy cream" I guess its called) makes a delightful dessert topping alternative to whipped cream.

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home