Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Antipasto Salad

Today I was totally craving meat, and it was a little disturbing. It felt very primal, like I needed to make a kill or something. But like most urban warriors, instead I went shopping. I was planning on making this Antipasto Salad over the weekend, but decided to reschedule for tonight. I had no idea how to buy salami. Did I even like salami? I went into the meat market near my apartment and asked for the most "basic" salami and ended up with some paper-thin slices of genoa. This was the wrong kind for the recipe, I knew, but I didn't feel like extending my stay at the meat counter, holding up people who knew what they wanted. And since I don't like olives or roasted red peppers, I just used green peas. This totally quelled my craving, and hopefully G will not dump me after reading this! I now have two gallons of antipasto salad, and citrus zest ice cubes in the freezer for white wine spritzers. Anyone want to come over?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home