Saturday, May 19, 2007

Broccoli Cheese Souffle

This recipe is from The Schwarzbein Principle. Eh. It called for either ricotta or cottage cheese. I had some cottage cheese on hand so used that. I think that this is the reason for the bland flavor. Cottage cheese is nasty! I thought I would try to start liking it because the Schwarzbein books recommend it as a snack, but one look at it and it just instantly turns me off. As my neighbor said last night: "It looks like a yeast infection." EW! So, I will definitely use ricotta next time because I do think this could be a good recipe. Also, the cooking time was indicated as 30-35 minutes, but it took me nearly 50 minutes to get it puffed up and golden. My oven is a little off, so maybe I didn't have it at the right temperature.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home