Saturday, January 19, 2008

The Worst Chocolate Bar I Have Ever Had



Looks good, right? I loved the green and gold wrapper, the French name, the smallish size of the bar. Proof to never judge a chocolate bar by it's cover. This 65% cacao "chucuri bittersweet" chocolate bar from E. Guittard is hands down the most disappointing chocolate bar I have ever had. I would take a Hershey bar over this thing any day. It didn't even taste like chocolate! It's extremely sweet, like those low-grade holiday chocolates from Palmer like "Bunny Munny" and "Monster Munny." I'd rather have a handful of Monster Munny over one of these bars! I had to really swish it around in my mouth to try and get any chocolate flavor at all, and it left a really bad, fake taste in my mouth even though there aren't any fake ingredients.



I was shocked at first, not really believing it tasted so bad. I put it back in my desk drawer at work, thinking maybe it was mingling with the taste in my mouth from lunch and so I was not getting the true flavor. But oh no. The next day I had another piece all by itself and it was still crappy. I was further surprised because I had recently made cookies with E. Guittard semisweet chocolate chips and they were great.

This unfortunate experience totally ruined my afternoon chocolate break, and made me feel guilty for cheating on my favorite chocolate bar, the Lindt Excellence 85% Cocoa. Never again shall I forsake thee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home