Sunday, March 09, 2008

Tartine


I was seduced into having tartine for breakfast this morning, thanks to the book Joie de Vivre by Robert Arbor.

It sounds so pretty and fancy, yet all it is is simply bread with butter and/or jam. That's it! Leave it to the French to have such a beautiful name for something so plain and simple (yet with high-quality bread, butter and jam, so NOT plain).

I suppose I shouldn't say "simply bread." You really need a baguette. If it's day-old, you toast it. If it's fresh that morning, no need to toast unless you want to. I got a baguette from Olga's Cup and Saucer:


I bought it yesterday so it had started to go stale, which means into the toaster it went.



A slab of butter, a smear of strawberry jam, some cafe noir to wash it down, et voila! Petit dejeuner!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home