Thursday, January 12, 2006

Couscous and Salad


Today I had a two hour meeting that ran from 11am to 1pm, smack through the middle of my usual lunch time, 11:30am. Needless to say, I was quaking with hunger by the time we were done, so I inhaled half my herbed spinach couscous before I had enough energy to take a picture. "Herbed spinach couscous" is just a fancy way of saying I made couscous and dumped some dried herbs into it, which in this case was basil, oregeno, and thyme, plus olive oil, salt and pepper. It was surprisingly hearty.


But I was still hungry, so it was down to the cafeteria for a spinach, green leaf lettuce, carrot, chickpea, crouton and feta salad with olive oil and balsamic. Man, if it wasn't for the company cafeteria I don't know how I'd get my greens in. They have a really good, fresh salad bar too, for a company caf.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home