Sunday, December 18, 2005

Fresh Juice

G squeezed up some fresh orange/grapefruit juice this morning with this old-fashioned contraption that someone gave him as a gift. Man, makes Tropicana taste like sugar syrup. I'd drink this everyday if I could. I wish I liked eating oranges and grapefruits as much as I like the juice. According to Superfoods: Citrus flavonoids, which are found in the fruit's tissue, juice, pulp, and skin, are one of the reasons for the health-promoting attributes of citrus fruits and the reason that the whole fruit is so much more healthful than just the juice. Well, I guess fresh-squeezed is better than nothing. And this juicer is a real monster: it really gets a lot of juice out. It's heavy, but sometimes you need an extra hand to hold it down while you're juicing so it doesn't move around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home