Monday, November 07, 2005

Survival Salami

My culinary choices were a bit odd this weekend since I was sailing for three days in pouring rain and 25 knot winds. It was wet and cold and there wasn't even time to take a pee down below(goddamn those men can just go off the back). Needless to say, eating wasn't exactly gourmet. Mostly power bars and beer. By the third day, I was resorting to pretzels and salami. Yes, it's true - I ate salami. I haven't had salami in 17 years or more. But I was starving and it was frickin tasty. No regrets. Not like I will make a habit out of it though. Seattle has a great Italian and Mediterranean shop in Sodo called PFI where you can get tons of cheap stuff in bulk. It is in this warehouse so you feel cool if you know how to find it.

Luckily, to save the weekend from complete culinary disaster, my friend Samantha decided to invite me to her party Saturday night where there was a chef cooking seafood paella in a humongous skillet. First time for this Spanish dish and very happy with it. Here's a great recipe that maybe I will try to make in a couple weeks for my friends' potluck wedding. Dee-lish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home