Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Blizzard Food



I got snowed in in Brooklyn on Sunday, so I took to my homework and G took to the kitchen, with delicious results. Here we have risotto with red wine, onions and garlic. As a pre-dinner snack, the classic cheese, crackers and red wine, probably my three favorite foods in the whole world, plus chocolate. We found a delicous red table wine at Smith and Vine in Brooklyn, which is now hands down our favorite. It's Kermit Lynch, Vin de Table Vaucluse (scroll down a bit). Highly recommended. Good sitting-around-watching-the-Olympics wine. And it didn't give G a headache, which is the real test.



Finally, for dessert, almond cupcakes with amaretto truffle frosting. I made truffle mix, but then got lazy and didn't want to form them into balls, so G spread it on cupcakes. A-maz-ing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home