Monday, January 23, 2006

Seitan Stew

G made Seitan Stew yesterday so I stole a big container for lunch today. It was seitan, tomatoes, onion, basil and garlic, and he simmered it to get all the flavors going. I added some dried thyme, basil, and oregano, and black pepper and ate it over light brown rice. I had it for dinner, and will have the rest tomorrw for lunch again. I love a meal that keeps on giving!

I'm going to introduce a new feature here at Hot Lunch: real, live hot lunch menus! Today's menu comes from the Greenville School Department in Greenville, Maine. I'd love to know what "Italians" are! Are they allowed to say "Egg McMuffin?"

2 Comments:

Blogger McPolack said...

I used to enjoy reading the hot lunch menu in the Monadnock Ledger when I lived in P'boro. And one of my fave hot lunches of yore, along with of course pizza Fridays, would have to be the ice-cream scoop-sized meatball next to the ice-cream scoop of rice, covered in gravy. I don't know what they called it but it was delicious!

3:24 PM  
Blogger YouWho said...

An Italian sub?

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home