Saturday, March 17, 2007

Parmesan Patties

Got this recipe from New Vegetarian, the cookbook G got me for Valentine's day. Good stuff.

The mix had to be pulsed in a food processor, but my Cuisinart "mini-chop" can only handle three cups at a time, so I had to do it in batches then combine it all in a bowl.

Balls of pattie mixture, ready to be flattened.

Smoosh! I used a spatula, which made a nice flat surface.

Chilled in the fridge for a couple hours to firm up, et voila. The flavor of the pattie got a bit lost amidst the bread, for as you can see the bread was way too large for the pattie. I will use rolls next time, as I now have a stack of these in the freezer to get me through the week. But I ate one without bread and it was delicious, although next time I will add some more spices - the recipe only calls for thyme. Other ingrediants: bread crumbs, pinto beans, parmesan cheese, jack cheese, cornstarch, one egg, onions, mushrooms, dijon mustard, red wine (I only had sherry on hand), soy sauce, salt and pepper.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kerry said...

So I finally made this recipe, improvising of course since you didn't list the proportions! It came out kind of like cookies dough and then I plopped it on a cookie sheet to bake for 30 min. They're pretty good but probably totally different outcome. I think I'll be doing more experiments with this recipe.

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home