Thursday, March 24, 2005

Fried cheese curds were my experiment last night. Real cheese curds were purchased from Beecher's Cheese Shop in Pike Place Market. Lovely walking around there after work. One recipe said use beer batter, another said pancake batter. I went with the latter. I had Wisconsin boy Toby in the house, and he said to use beer batter next time. Overall, they came out yum.

Today at lunch I went to Metropolitan Market to get a salad. This is the fancy grocery store on the top of Queen Anne Hill that I like to call Metrosexual Market. Since I live nearby, I got a coupon in the mail for a free bunch of tulips. Now I have gorgeous orange tulips on my desk. Aah.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi. I just moved to Seattle last week and was in that very same cheese market on Thursday talking about how absolutely cool it was that they made their own cheese and how absolutely baffling cheesemaking is. All the same ingredients, different cheeses! It's like magic! Glad to hear they were yum.

8:01 AM  
Blogger Kerry said...

Thanks for reading!

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home