Saturday, November 11, 2006

Quorn Cacciatore

This meal is G's invention. Fry up an onion and some garlic. I don't dice the onion, I slice it so it falls apart naturally, in thin, curved strips. Then throw in some green pepper strips. Pour in a can of crushed tomatoes and add whatever herbs/spices you want. I added salt, pepper, parsely, basil, and oregano. Then, immerse a Quorn Chik'n Patty and let the sauce heat up the patty. Serve the patty smothered in the tomato sauce. Good stuff! Served along side a baby romaine salad and a carrot/orange juice. And I have some sauce leftover for another patty tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kerry said...

So the "chicken" patty is 34% Mycoprotein. Quorn has the market on Mycoprotein, a new meat substitute, made from fungus, the induction of which appeared to be somewhat controversial. So does it taste like chicken?

5:05 PM  
Blogger K said...

FUNGUS!?! Whaat?! Well, fungus never tasted so good! I wouldn't say it tastes like real chicken, but it's one of the best tasting fake chickens I've ever had. The breading is really good.

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home