Saturday, May 19, 2007

World's Largest Wheel of Cheese

On Wednesday I stopped by Grand Central to see the world's largest wheel of cheese. The frommage grande was produced by Beemster, a Dutch cheese company. It was pretty hilarious: it was on a raised platform with a big, blue velvety rug underneath, roped off by red velvet ropes with a security guard near by. Unfortunately there were no samples being give by the time I got there after work. Unless I had known beforehand that it was the world's largest wheel of cheese, I probably wouldn't have thought so otherwise, but it was still impressive.

Another view of the cheese, with a bunch of Beemster brochures. You can see a reception area set up in the distance. I asked the security guard if it was a public event but he said you needed a ticket. Darnit. I would have loved to hang out with the cheese and have a glass of champagne, mingle with some cheese executives. Maybe that should be my next career move, cheese executive...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home