Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Beware! Tropicana "Light 'N Healthy" Orange Juice!

Don't you hate it when you grab something at the grocery store and don't read the package closely enough and you end up with something you didn't want, like fat-free Oreos or something equally as gross? Well, that's what happened to G and I when we accidentally bought a cartoon of the hideous Tropicana "Light 'N Healthy" orange juice. But calling it "juice" is a bit of a stretch, because guess what? This substance is only 42% juice! It's not even HALF juice! What the hell is this crap? Oh, it's a "light orange juice beverage:"


The word "beverage" is a total red flag - you know you are getting some kind of mystery liquid when the manufacturers use this vague description on their product. But unfortunately I had to find out the hard way, with my taste buds. I hadn't even swallowed my first (and only) sip when I grabbed the carton, knowing something was amiss. And I was right: it contains artificial sweetner! Splenda! I can detect that fake, chemical taste in even trace amounts.

Splenda is "light and healthy"? How about fattening and cancer-causing? The irony of marketing their brand of orange juice with the artificial sweetner as "healthy" is beyond mind boggling. It's just a way of pushing this crap on unsuspecting consumers! Slap the word "healthy" on it and they will buy!

I'd like to take this opportunity to make a plea to all my friends and loved ones who use artificial sweetner to STOP NOW! It's not good for you! A little bit of real sugar will always be better for you than using loads of the fake stuff. Try drinking your coffee black for a change with no sweetner at all ! Retrain your taste buds to actually taste the coffee and not a bunch of sweetner and milk! You'll be amazed at the flavor you've been missing!

To sum up: this juice is disgusting, artificial sweetner is disgusting and you should avoid both at all costs!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kerry said...

I'm always a little torn about the whole artificial sweetener debate. I don't use them, and I think they taste awful, but I also don't drink sodas full of high fructose corn syrup. If the masses of fatties out there switched to diet coke, I bet they'd be more healthy. It's kind of creepy to be eating a chemical, but I don't think it's going to kill anyone.

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home