Saturday, August 25, 2007

Red Hook Ball Fields

Finally made it over to the infamous Red Hook Ball Fields for some authentic Latino food. The Ball Fields have been a hot topic lately, as there was talk of the vendors' permit not being renewed. But looks like they are safe for now.

I definitely had to try one of these refreshing-looking fruit-ades, and opted for the bright red watermelon. Nothing but pureed watermelon! It wasn't bad, but I wish I had gotten the lemonade.


Here's the quesadilla I shared with A getting the works.


Et Voila! We ate it in the folded-up plate, and juice was just pouring out the back. Messy, but delicious!


Glad we shared, because that left room for some flautas (fried tacos). Although I found my appetite waning from the heat and only finished one. Good stuff. Wish I'd had room for the other one.


Pupusa stand.


Waiting in line under the tents. It was so hot under there, where all the cooking was going on.


Grilled corn.


Fruit for desert. A got a baggie full of mango slices sprinkled with cayenne pepper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home