Thursday, August 02, 2007

More On Water


More fodder for drinking water from the tap from NY Times editorial. Tap water in the U.S. is clean, sugar-free, and zero calories! And it saves the planet from all those plastic bottles!

In related news, research is mounting on the risks associated with eating or drinking anything out of plastic in the first place. Something about synthetic estrogens which mimic sex hormones seeping into foods from hard and soft plastics, whether they are cold, heated, or at room temperature. Here's some info on that. My girlfriend was urging me to drink out of stainless steel bottles only. So I bought a cute little stainless steel bottle a the Seattle Art Museum's Olympic Scuplture Park gift shop (they have really cool stuff there!). It's working ok, but it took somewhat of a mental shift to leave my Nalgene behind at home. She was always there for me. Now I've moved on...

2 Comments:

Blogger K said...

Nalgene bottles are like super-hard plastic. I would think that the soft plastic bottles might be bad to drink from, but not the hard plastic bottles. Nothing wrong with stainless steel though - sleek!

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crap, I'm chugging out of a soft plastic Rubber Maid bottle as I speak.

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home