Saturday, April 02, 2005


Tried Melt a few weeks ago, a new restaurant in Jersey City. They certainly know how to make a grilled cheese: every square inch of the bread was covered in butter and grilled to perfection. I had a cheddar and monteray jack with pesto. I could have easily shared this and been satisfied - eating the whole thing was a bit overkill. Their cheddar and tomato soup is delicious. And they serve soda in glass bottles. A+! A welcome addition to the current selection of Jersey City eating establishments - god knows the selection needs improvement! I've been supremely disappointed with the choices for eating out in JC - I'm even getting a little tired of Ibby's, which remains the best falafel I've had since moving to the NYC area. Ole "Mexifunk Cuisine" held promise, but turns out it's just a generic, pre-fab ala Starbucks-type Mexican restaurant. Why anyone would eat here instead of hopping on the PATH for one stop to Tortilla Flats is beyond me. I'm a big fat snob, I know. So sue me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home