Sunday, February 11, 2007

Roasted Vegetables


I was at a restaurant in Seattle the other day, looking for veggie options on the menu, as usual, and finding little variety. I noticed that for the steak and chicken entrees, they were served with roasted vegetables. But the vegetables weren't available on the menu otherwise. Noticing the plates of my fellow diners, they looked so good! I ended up getting the squash soup and salad, but the point is, I've been craving roasted vegetables ever since and it irks me that restaurants don't make them available for those of us who will really appreciate them! So I broke out my new heavy duty roasting pan, and have been enjoying them regularly since. Great with brown rice.

Recipe:
Variety of winter vegetables, peeled and chopped into bite-sized chunks (I used yellow squash, carrots, eggplant, and bok choy here, but potatoes, onions, and things like parsnips, are really good)
Oil & vinegar.
Mix the vegetables with oil and/or vinegar.
Bake at 425 for about 45 minutes. Salt & pepper to taste.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home