Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Tuna-Bean Burgers and Garlic Broccoli

I was going to make the salmon burgers from Superfoods RX, but the canned salmon I bought had skin and bones in it! YUCK! I started to pick it out, but became so disgusted I nearly lost my appetite and just threw it out. So, I substituted a can of tuna in water and half a can of pinto beans. I used Starkist tuna, which is really watery, so the burgers were a little wet. The tuna I usually get from the health food store isn't as watery, so I will use that next time.

Burger and broccoli a-fryin'.

Time to eat. The broccoli was stir-fried in garlic then sprinkled with fresh parmesan, which I based on this recipe from Epicurious.com.









To make the burgers: mix a Tablespoon of dijon mustard with a Tablespoon of lemon juice. Drain a can of tuna and add to the mustard/lemon juice along with half a can of pinto beans. Mix, breaking up the beans a little bit. Then add: 2/4 cup of breadcrumbs, some diced red or green onion, one egg, salt and pepper. Mix it up, form patties, then chill so they firm a little before frying. I got six patties out of this.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kerry said...

Cool, Luis just gave me 7 cans of salmon he's had in his cupboard forever. I hope the cans aren't full of bones and skin, tho. Otherwise they get fed to the kitties.

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home